Yes, we are running 3 carts of netbooks on Ubuntu in our 5/6. Planning to do the same with all (in-house) student laptops next year, possible dual-booting Teacher machines so they 1) have what the students have 2) can take advantage of platform-specific tools as needed.

Eric Hall
Technology Coordinator
Waterbury/Duxbury School District
Washington West SU