FARMCOLLIE Archives

July 2005

FARMCOLLIE@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Annie Prokop <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 22 Jul 2005 15:11:45 -0700
Is Athena really dead or is that just an expression? She did sell some nice dogs to people in Europe and Iceland or Greenland ( I think)  that are happy with them. But of course her breeding stock had less than good care- sad for the dogs. I actually went to her site before all of the shit hit the fan- I liked the structure of her dogs but they looked unkept to me and way over priced.

Hazelanne

jan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
At 12:00 PM -0700 7/14/05, jana lashmit wrote:

> As far as Athena - JMO, she might make the opthalmologists happy but
>there are a lot of dog lovers who have less-than-nice things to say about
>her. She gave "normal eyes" a bad name.

I don't want to see this list devolve into Athena bashing. She is dead now
and most of her dogs have gone on to the lives they deserved from the
get-go. Ages ago, when this list was young Athena was an occassional
visitor. Her posts were always helpful and informative. If Collie people
are using Athena to give "normal eyes" a bad name then they are doing it to
deflect attention from the real problem. Athena should give a bad name to
breeders who have too many dogs, not to those who care about genetic
health.