FARMCOLLIE Archives

July 2005

FARMCOLLIE@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Kristin and Dale Stillman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 20 Jul 2005 07:29:47 -0500
The feeding guide for Flint River Ranch recommends about one cup per 20
pounds of body weight depending on the dog's activity level.  There are
approximately 80 cups in a 20 pound bag.  A 60 pound dog would eat about
three cups per day, 50 pounds 2 1/2 cups, etc.

I feed five collies ranging in weight from 55# to 95# (yes, he thinks he's a
horse) on a total of 18 cups a day.  If I were feeding one of the grocery
store brands, that total would barely feed two of them.  Flint River Ranch
is a highly concentrated kibble, so you feed much less of it and still give
the dog all the nutrition that's needed.

Hope this information helps as you make your decision.  I also have more
information in links on my website.

Have a great day!
Kristin (with Jake, Otis, Roman, Taffy and Susie, the "collie wannabe")

www.healthypethouse.com