FARMCOLLIE Archives

July 2005

FARMCOLLIE@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Gwyn Diddally <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 1 Jul 2005 17:18:45 -0400
>         Wouldn't it be nice if "responsible" breeders were choosing for
>healthy eyes (and solid structure and temperament and instinct) rather than
>perfect markings and ears that tipped over "just so" (with the help of some
>tape and some glue and maybe some surgery) and huge coats...

That it would.  I'm seeing more and more - especially among small breeders -
but many of the big kennels seem to still have little to no interest,
unfortunately.  And then there are the places that claim that normal-eyed
dogs don't have a "correct" eye...  *eyeroll*

And man, do I ever hate ear bracing.  I saw a site once that encouraged
people to do it with duct tape that had starter fluid smeared on to make it
more tacky.  XP  We're technically supposed to be bracing Blitz's ears as
part of our contract, but we just keep "forgetting" to do it.  Oooops.  LOL

Merry