FARMCOLLIE Archives

March 2008

FARMCOLLIE@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Jill Erisman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jill Erisman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2008 17:14:11 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Norma Bennett Woolf <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ohiopetlaw] Important Correction
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 16:01:56 -0400

Boy, did I goof!

I misread the provision in HB 446 that prohibits the transfer of vicious
dogs; it includes only dogs that have killed or caused serious injury to
people or killed another dog, not dogs commonly known as pit bulls.

The vicious dog definition has three parts; the prohibition on
transferring ownership except for euthanasia applies to parts one and
two, not part three, the definition of pit bull.

I am mortified and apologize. If you have passed that message along to
anyone else, please pass this correction along as well.

I am puzzled, though; I brought this up to the sponsor of the bill in
our meeting on Tuesday and he not only did not correct my
interpretation, he led me to believe that it was correct.

Norma

~Jill M. Erisman
BlueStone K9 Bakery
Charmed One, CD, RN, NA, NAJ "Phoebe" (1/3 OA, 1/3 OAJ)
Diamonds Pretty Li'l Adriana, CD, RN, AX, AXJ, CGC "Ana" (24 MACH pts.)
"Midget" (the always on alarm system)
Razi Brina Vom Zwilling Bach, CD, CGC "Brina" (RIP)
Meridian's Blue Ace, CD, HC "Ace" (RIP)