FARMCOLLIE Archives

July 2005

FARMCOLLIE@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Diane Peter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 9 Jul 2005 00:19:29 -0500
Anybody have any tips or tricks for grooming a Collie cross?  Today I
finally managed to get to a store with dog brushes & bought a stiff pin
brush.  I had to brush her while she was lying down on her side on the bed
since she wouldn't stand & really didn't seem to want to be there, she had
her ears pinned back & just kinda stared into space the whole time.  I did
manage to brush her & get 5 brushfulls of hair out of her & my mom
complimented me on how shiny she was after I was through.  She had a mat
starting to form on her inner thigh so I guess that's the spot to watch, on
the Setter it was in her 'armpits'.  Her tail was slightly snarled too, I
guess I'll just have to brush her back end every other day & do a full body
twice a week.  We plan to make a groomers appointment for her sometime
within the next week or 2, all she needs is her nails clipped & her foot
hair trimmed up so it shouldn't take more than 10 to 15 minutes.  Thankfully
that's all she really seems to need in the way of professional grooming.

Diane Peter