FARMCOLLIE Archives

July 2005

FARMCOLLIE@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
jana lashmit <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 18 Jul 2005 05:04:39 -0700
> jana,  for as many years as i have been in dogs i
> have never had a breeder
> offer to pay for testing, nor have i encountered
> this from others that have
> purchased dogs.

  Makes sense - if OFAs cost $200, thyroid about $75,
CEA $135, and the breeder pays all, then that either
means the puppies are priced out of the range of
anyone, or the breeder is independantly wealthy.
  I would like to have a clause with rewards for
earning titles - say, $10 per on AKC, UKC, etc (but
not certificates like CGC, TDI, TT).  A reward for
testing seemed like a natural extension of that -
maybe $25 each for CEA and OFA.
  This breeder's contract (golden retriever) sells all
pups on limited registration, but will revoke it if
certain health testing requirements are met:
http://www.ida-red.com/puppy_contract.htm

Jana

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs