FARMCOLLIE Archives

October 2008

FARMCOLLIE@LIST.UVM.EDU

Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2008 11:33:32 -0700
During the past 11 years, the need for NESR's help in rehoming ES and ESy
dogs has continued to grow across the country.  We work with owners,
shelters, and other resources to help these deserving dogs.  With this
continued growth, we have learned that NESR serves our mission and these
dogs best when we have volunteers to coordinate resources within a
geographic region.

NESR is looking for volunteers that are interested in learning more about
the Adoption Coordinator's role especially in the Southeastern and
Northeastern U.S.

Adoption Coordinators may be involved in calling shelters, finding local
foster homes, interviewing potential forever homes, coordinating
transportation, and sharing the excitement we all feel when a deserving dog
finds just the right home.  Coordinators are knowledgeable about the ES
breed and have a working knowledge of dog training and behavior.  Routine
access to the internet is critical.

The NESR team is committed to providing guidance and support to each other
in our volunteer efforts.  None of us is an expert; we share a willingness
to learn and a commitment to these deserving dogs.  If you're interested in
contributing your positive attitude, your willingness to learn, and your
creative and resourceful thinking to this effort, please contact me.

Kathi Tesarz

National English Shepherd Rescue

www.nesr.info

 <http://www.nesr.info>