FARMCOLLIE Archives

July 2005

FARMCOLLIE@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Diane Peter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 16 Jul 2005 13:32:23 -0500
Well we went to the dog obedience orientation today & the guy seems OK &
like someone I can work with, so far at least.  He says they don't teach
stay anymore that now the dog is expected to stay until you say a word to
free it, makes sense to me.  From what I caught I think Shannon will be the
oldest in the class, the 2 I heard were something like 7 & 8 months.  Looks
like it might be a big class since there were at least 9 couples there
including me & mom.  I hope he can help with the cat problem (as well as
some of her other issues) since my mom just got drenched a few moments ago
when the cat & dog had a slight altercation & the cat spilled my mom's water
all over the porch & my mom got wet from face to knee.  I know 1 thing
she'll probably be the funniest looking when doing down since she splays her
back legs out behind her when she lays down, looks like a little airplane.

He said he's the only person who offers electronic training to the public,
it's things like low level correction for things like coming when called off
leash, don't know if I'll take that option or not since I'm not sure if
she'll need it or not & I'm probably not the right type to use it since I'm
kinda heavy handed with things like buttons & pedals (that's 1 reason I
don't sew or drive).

Diane Peter