FARMCOLLIE Archives

July 2005

FARMCOLLIE@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Gina Bisco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 09:37:04 -0400
On Monday 18 July 2005 11:28, Gwyn Diddally wrote:

> "If you have written a good pet contract, which is a real legal document
> and contact between two parties stipulating a condition for a sale of an
> "item" (in this case a puppy which is an "item" or "possession" in a court
> of law still - well until the AR's get their way but that is another topic
> for later), then is is enforceable.

Thanks Gwyn, I had read that there is a problem in that there is no legal
basis for rights
to control anything about the "item" after the sale since the legal basis of
such rights--ownership-- is forfeited with the completion of the sale. But I
don't know the first thing about contract law so I'd better be talking to
lawyers.

Gina