FARMCOLLIE Archives

July 2005

FARMCOLLIE@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
jana lashmit <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 17:40:20 -0700
You know? For some reason I hadn't connected the name found here in the
archives with the events, though I'd read about them and seen pics just like
anyone. Now I'm feeling very stupid - just goes to show how sleep-deprived
I am while digging through archives. Sorry, all.

  No, I apoligize - I realize how I sounded in my previous email.  I don't want to start a lot of trouble.  I'm sure the Optho really thinks that a breeder who focuses primarily on normal eyes is a good breeder.  But there is so much more to collies than that!  Ability, soundness, temperament...  Anyone who focuses on one thing, be it show wins, eyes, etc is heading down a difficult road.  She made some bad decisions that got worse, which is a shame because of all that wasted potential!

  When I first went online in 1995, Athena's was the first page that came up when I searched for "collie".  There was a lot of good info there.  I'd heard that "collies have bad eyes", but she really clarified everything.  I even hoped to get a pup from her someday, but found out that she didn't keep dogs in a way I approved of (large numbers are a bugaboo of mine - collies aren't cattle!).  Some breeders now shy away from any pedigree with Valiant in it, though there are breeders with related dogs that are really beautiful and sound.

Jana

http://mail.yahoo.com