FARMCOLLIE Archives

May 2013

FARMCOLLIE@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
jana lashmit <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
jana lashmit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2013 21:01:06 -0700

Aw, little Pogo!  That would be a cute name.
I saw a BIG sheltie last weekend.  He was 50#, which is 5# heavier than my dog, and they were the same height.  Even so, they had a different build (she's longer, he was more square) and different heads - Ruby is small, but she doesn't look like a sheltie to anyone who knows what a sheltie ought to look like.

Jana

Funny you should mention that. In the late 1950s we had neighbors who bred
show Shelties and I got to play with the puppies of one litter, to my great
delight. They offered to sell me one of the pups because it was too big for
show standards. He was a lot bigger than his siblings.

My parents couldn't afford the $35 price and he went to a pet home
somewhere, but 60 years later I've not forgotten him. Here's to you, Pogo -
I hope you had a good life.

Rini