FARMCOLLIE Archives

July 2005

FARMCOLLIE@LIST.UVM.EDU

Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 20 Jul 2005 12:40:19 -0400
Now THAT'S a great sounding idea. What about corn being in all the dog food
I looked at???
If we feed the chicken does it counteract the corn? Is corn all that bad?

   Others know more than I do about this and I am reading all their posts
avidly, but one thing I know - I've never seen a wolf attack a corn field.
LOL  Or a wheat field, for that matter.
   Someone who knows about this, please talk about a dog's need (or not) for
grain.  Do they need any?

   Our dogs will be eating better the next few months as we butchered a cow
this morning.  I've got the heart/lungs/kidneys/spleen/liver/tongue in the
frig cooling off, and I expect to spend several hours tonight choping and
putting it in sandwich bags (DH is *real* careful when he picks up his work
lunch in the frig).  Meanwhile, the boys are down in the pasture where the
cow was put down, up to their ears in all the leftover goodies they find
there.  Baths tonight.

Rini