FARMCOLLIE Archives

July 2005

FARMCOLLIE@LIST.UVM.EDU

Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 22 Jul 2005 09:27:27 -0400
> We came home last night to find most of our poultry slaughtered.

  Oh, Serena, how awful.  It's so heartbreaking to not only lose so much
stock, but ones you are attached to.  Will Fish and Game do anything about
the coyotes?  Can you legally ambush the coyotes?

> The dogs will be out of patrol now 24/7 while someone is home. I'm not
> comfortable leaving them loose unattended.

   I'm with you...I'd rather lose the birds.  You don't know how many
coyotes you're dealing with yet.  The stock is probably safe daytime while
you are home; but I'd keep a loaded shotgun by the door.  What are the laws
in your state?

Rini