FARMCOLLIE Archives

July 2005

FARMCOLLIE@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
jana lashmit <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 14:59:15 -0700
  I think a lot of vets go by what they have witnessed directly.  One of the vets I work for has been in practice 40 years, he prefers that the females have at least one heat and the males fully grown (varies by breed).  He believes that waiting longer decreases the chances of obesity, joint problems, cruciate ruptures, as well as incontinence, and blockages in male cats.  Our new vet, fresh from school, firmly believes that earlier is better.

Jana

Yahoo! Mail