FARMCOLLIE Archives

January 2002

FARMCOLLIE@LIST.UVM.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 17:55:21 -0500
I have a retired show CH Smooth that I am currently training to work as my
Medical Assistant Dog.  (I've been training, studying and working with dogs
all my life.)  At one point during my months of searching and testing dogs,
I applied with Crest-Care as a potential adopter of one of the little
hairless dogs on their site.  I filled out a lengthy, involved questionaire
and because I live in an apartment,  I was deemed an 'unsuitable' candidate
for one of their rescue dogs.  I am legally disabled thus granted civil
rights by the ADA, DOJ and Fair Housing Laws to have a Medical Assistant Dog
with me at all times.  Go figure.

Some Rescue groups need to get a grip.

Kristi Smith
Dayton, Ohio

>Rescues and shelters can be a pain even if you have a home.

Copywrite Jan. 14, 2002