FARMCOLLIE Archives

January 2002

FARMCOLLIE@LIST.UVM.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Linda Rorem <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 00:06:55 EST
In my Shelties there still are some medium-length coats, which I love.  My
foundation momdog's coat was thick and plushy, but not long, and shed dirt,
stickers, etc., and didn't mat anywhere.  Her daughter and grandaughter have
similar coats, although the grandaughter has longer "pantaloons" while her
body coat is still the shorter type.  She will mat a little at the ears, but
otherwise, dirt, etc. just comes right off.  Because I breed with other lines
(the line my Shelties came from is pretty much extinct), most of the younger
ones tend to be longer coated, although the texture is still good.

Linda R.
Pacifica, CA