FARMCOLLIE Archives

May 2002

FARMCOLLIE@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Hazelanne Wessel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 1 May 2002 01:36:39 EDT
 A female from a future breeding, we have looked at many different dogs from
many different breeders and Lil's dogs and she here self seem to have the
best reputation. She has been successfully breeding Collies for obedience and
loving loyal healthy pets for over 40 years. And yes they have herding
instinct! They are not what is in fashion shall we say, in the show ring. But
like my Dear Hubby reminded me, we didn't get King to be a show dog either,
we got him to be an outstanding companion and protector. And that is exactly
what he is! We also believe that health and temperament must come before
looks, besides Lil's dogs are pretty old fashioned looking compared to the
show variety. We may add some show dog blood later on, but we feel that we
should to stick with the basics first and not lose sight of what we want in
our Collies. We want to breed Collies that can work and from AKC registered
stock if at all possible.

Hazelanne