]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

FARMCOLLIE Home

FARMCOLLIE  July 2008

FARMCOLLIE July 2008

Tyson cancer, report from Oncologist, really bad news

Michael and Jennifer WhiteWolf Crock <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 2 Jul 2008 12:19:56 -0700

We got the call from the Vet with the oncology report..The samples are
VERY malignant, and yes he did put the emphasis on the VERY, so much so
the oncologist had a very hard time identifying the tissue origin, but
the 'best guess' was endocrine system cells...This fits with the super
rapid onset and spreading all over his body. The prognosis is very poor.
Our goal in treatment will be to raise his blood alkalinity, which will
tend to suppress the cancer, get a good dose of enzymes and vitamins in
the form of the cancer supplements from Aloha Medicinals [ which I
ordered last night] and pain relief as necessary.  This cancer has come
on VERY fast, and is already in stage 4, fully metastasized. If we were
considering conventional therapy, chemo and radiation, the vet says it
would be worthless. I am not a fan of this kind of therapy anyway, in
humans or dogs, so we will address it with the idea of just improving
the quality of life he as left as much as possible.

A blend of two products designed to kick up the immune system.....
http://www.alohamedicinals.com/pet.htm
http://www.alohamedicinals.com/tf.htm
http://www.alohamedicinals.com/k9-how.htm

I cant say enough about how well Tyson is dealing with his illness. He
remains so friendly, and and so kind, even though he is suffering
continuous fever, and obvious pain. What a fine dog...
His other mom is also taking all this very hard...She was here only 6
weeks ago for a visit with him, and he was so full of energy and fun!
Even though she only came to visit once per year, he always remembers
her and responds with happy tails and enthusiasm when he gets a whiff of
her scent. It is pretty clear that they had a very special few years
together before her living conditions made it so that she could no
longer keep Tyson, and he came to live with us.

Thanks for your Prayers and good thoughts....We have a lot of tears
flowing here. Later this afternoon I am visiting a pet cremation service
to learn about what we will need to do when the time comes....

Our other 6 dogs are all in good health and showing no sign of disease.
They all sense something is wrong..they will each come to Tyson and
sniff at him where the cancer is erupting on his skin, Sometimes when he
is outside just laying down and watching the world, the other dogs will
come over and touch noses to him, or lay down near him for a while.

We have no idea if we have only days, or perhaps a few months with
Tyson....but we will give him lots of love and affection and keep him as
pain free as possible.

Thanks again for all your kind thoughts and words,
Jennifer