FARMCOLLIE Archives

September 2012

FARMCOLLIE@LIST.UVM.EDU

Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 16 Sep 2012 21:04:27 -0700
What a good dog!
:)
Nannette

-----Original Message-----
From: Farm Collie Breed Conservancy and Restoration
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Tamara Rousso
Sent: Sunday, September 16, 2012 8:51 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [FARMCOLLIE] oops - Jabari and Sonata video

Ah, thanks.  He is most certainly well loved.  He is just a wonderful dog.
In fact...I have another Jabari story!  The other day while Kalee was out
doing chores she found Jabari chasing a fawn behind the barn.  The fawn was
about the same size as 'Bari and he was cornered by our gate.  Kalee called
Jabari back to the road leading up to the barn and put him on a "sit, stay",
and then attempted to open the gate for the fawn.  Of course the fawn took
off back toward the barn. As he ran past Jabari Kalee called "stay", and
"stay" he did!  Not bad for a 17 month old dog, eh?!  Kalee opened the gate,
got Jabari and circled with him behind the fawn and the two of them drove
the fawn off the property.  Kalee said when Jabari went out the gate, he was
a little torn whether to continue on after the fawn or come to her call, but
in the end he made the right decision.  {;^)

Tamara

Sent from my iPad