FARMCOLLIE January 2014

Re: Stolen farm collie

Carole Presberg <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 30 Jan 2014 17:00:27 -0500

What FB sites did you post on? I would like to share it on mine.

Carole

On 1/30/14 3:25 PM, gracehaven wrote:
> Carole, yes I've posted on FB, and several FB groups.  The fact that Max
> has not been brought to a shelter in 5 days seems a little suspicious to
> me, and is looking more like they mean to keep him; or else, they may
> think he is valuable and want to sell him.  Everyone please help keep an
> eye on sales ads, etc., (though I can't imagine selling stolen goods
> this way, but you never know).
>
> It is also possiblethat if the people are determined, they may change
> Max's looks temporarily.
>
> Sincerely,
> Jessica
>
> On 1/30/2014 12:20 PM, Carole Presberg wrote:
>> Post on Facebook. Whether you love it or hate it, it has been my
>> experience that Facebook is a great tool for dog rescue or recovery.
>>
>> Carole Presberg
>>
>> On 1/30/14 2:25 PM, gracehaven wrote:
>>> Hello farm collie people,
>>>
>>> One of my Gracehaven collies has been stolen at Mattole Beach in N. CA.
>>> on Sunday, Jan. 26. Max is a light sable collie & white, from my 2012
>>> litter Gracehaven Caitrin X Gavin (who was bred by me also, Gracehaven
>>> Angus X Peruvian Lassie).
>>>
>>> Max's owners are out of country and had left Max in care of a friend.
>>> The friend's 2 dogs & Max were romping at the beach, getting wet and
>>> probably dirty.  A camper there saw Max and took him-- it was
>>> witnessedbutapparently not close enough to stop it. Max had tags on,
>>> which were disregarded. Thepolice and shelters have been notified, but
>>> we would like to get the word out in whatever way we can.
>>>
>>> One thought is that the person may have thought they were "rescuing" Max
>>> (or maybe they just plain wanted him).  He was wet and dirty
>>> (temporarily) and he may have appeared scraggly and on the lean side.
>>> My collies run quite leggy and lean (Borzoi influence), but they are
>>> healthy, that's just how they are. Max gets all the food he wants, btw.
>>> Max had been seen by a vet just before his owners left, and had been
>>> pronounced healthy and beautiful.
>>>
>>> I am going to try to attach photos to this, I don't know if it will go
>>> through.  Max has an almost-complete white ruff, it slightly "opens" to
>>> show the sable at his left neck/ shoulder. He has a distinctive white
>>> marking on the back of his neck/ head,extending from his white ruff. It
>>> lookslike a line of white diagonally from right ruff, up toward left.
>>> He has white forelegs and sable hind legs with white feet.
>>>
>>> Please be on the alert and letme know if you see him anywhere. His
>>> owners are relatives of mine and we are all quite upset.
>>>
>>> Sincerely,
>>> Jessica Hennings
>>>

>>> --
>>> http://gracehavenoldfashionedfarmcollie.shutterfly.com/
>>>

> --
> http://gracehavenoldfashionedfarmcollie.shutterfly.com/

--
CAROLE L. PRESBERG
<http://www.facebook.com/carole.presberg>

WOOLGATHER FARM
<www.woolgather.org>

BORDER COLLIE MUSEUM
<www.bordercolliemuseum.org>
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Border-Collie-Museum/216555258357445>

THE SHEPHERD'S DOG online bookstore
<www.theshepherdsdog.com>
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Shepherds-Dog-online-bookstore/222223667794694>

NORTH AMERICAN BORDER COLLIE RESCUE NETWORK
<www.woolgather.org/links/Other_BCR_Web_Sites.html>
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/North-American-Border-Collie-Rescue-Network/11345642541174>

THISTLE WOOLWORKS
<www.thistlewoolworks.com>
<http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThistleWoolworks>
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Thistle-Woolworks/216948545043044>

OUR BORDER COLLIES: Chance, Kate, Sage, and Jack

Our Border Collies at the Rainbow Bridge:
Willy, Linn, Jute, Moss, Clyde, Bess and Flash

Our cats at the Rainbow Bridge:
Stenka Razin (a.k.a. Stinky), Herringbone (a.k.a. Boney),
Fafrd and the Grey Mouser, Clark, Orange Julius (a.k.a. OJ),
Harris and Lewis, and Sundance.