FARMCOLLIE Archives

May 1999

FARMCOLLIE@LIST.UVM.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Pamela Enion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 May 1999 22:46:53 -0400
At 10:12 PM 5/11/99 -0400, you wrote:
>        Now here's another concern with the current traveling companion. He
>drinks very little water. At any time...Being the worried mom sort of
course I
>worry.

I was worried about my dog drinking water, but in this case it was too much
water.  My vet said to really know how much your dog is drinking you have
to measure it out and count how many cups of water he drinks.  This is a bit
tricky when you have more than one dog.  You have to measure out the water
let him drink, then take it up, and offer it again later.  Then get a
total count for the day.  It turned out my dog was drinking way too
much and was sick.  I know too little water is bad for humans, you could try
and measure out his water and really know how much he drinks.  Then check
with your vet.

>    When Robb and I drove around the country in
>'90 (she's been in something like 40 of the US states and 4 of the Canadien
>Provences) we stayed in small mom and pop type places for the most part

Another book that lists hotels & motels that welcome pets:
Directory of Pet Friendly Lodging by Eileen Barish

Happy travels,

Pam