FARMCOLLIE Archives

May 1999

FARMCOLLIE@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Joan Neidhardt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 08:39:32 EDT
In a message dated 5/10/99 12:09:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Couldn't Lassie do
 something to try to convince people considering a collie to consider a
 rescue collie first. After all, Pal was basically a rescue dog and plenty
 of the collies in rescue would love an opportunity to be a Lassie for
 someone. >>
You should visit the Lassie Network and click on the link called "Do you want
a dog just like Lassie?".    Not only does it talk about how Lassie's are
made, not born, but supports Collie Rescue and lists links for people to find
rescued collies.

BTW, we wanted to link to the CCA site as well.  What better place to send
people interested in a collie?   But the CCA told us no.    So, it's the CCA
that keeps Lassie from sending people where they could get the best
information.
I guess we should have just linked without asking like everyone else does,
but we wanted to do things right.