FARMCOLLIE Archives

May 1999

FARMCOLLIE@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Joan Neidhardt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 08:43:45 EDT
In a message dated 5/13/99 12:04:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< I don't really understand why the CCA doesn't want you linking to them but
 there are so many things I don't understand Iguess I won't lose sleep about
 it... >>
I was told it's because of legal considerations.   If I understand it
correctly, if somebody goes to the CCA site and asks for breeders, they are
given a list of breeders but the CCA doesn't necessarily endorse them- just
lists breeders in the area.   So, if a deal goes bad between buyer and
seller, the CCA can't be held liable in any way.    The part I'm still having
a hard time understanding is how people that go there from the Lassie site
are any different than John Q. Public that found the CCA site themselves and
got a list of breeders.    So, there must be something I'm still missing in
all of this.    But, as a member of the CCA, I abide by their wishes.