From: "Serena Lanza" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2002 11:01 AM
Subject: Re: Housebreaking Help Needed

> I guess I should have waited for this email before I sent my other one! I
guess it's not an old wives tale after all! Sounds gross but no more than
taking a dog's termperature. Do I dare suggest this to them???

> M. Serena Lanza
> Sr. Payroll Coordinator
> National Leisure Group, Inc.
> 100 Sylvan Road, Suite 600
> Woburn, MA 01801
> (617) 587-6459 - voice
> (617) 587-6329 - fax

> I too have heard of this, in a case where a dog was adopted from the pound
and lived in a city apartment, and had no choice but to go on-lead in most
cases.  It wasn't a suppository, though...they used a matchstick.

> I have heard of show dog people matchsticking their dogs prior to entering
the ring etc as well.

> Lisa

on lead.  I have even read of a training meathod going so far as to giving
the dog a suppository while out on the walk to make the dog go just so he
could be caught in the act of doing the right thing and praised to high
heaven.
>   Judy Morton

times in the last few weeks and UGH.

>     If he has never had to go to the bathroom on a lead, he may be
reacting to the nearness of the person.  Most dogs feel vulnerable when
eliminating.  This dog's history tells me that he probably was able to
relieve himself in a natural way (get off by himself and go).  So he may be
resisting going on the lead.

>     Trust me, from working with Guide Dogs that MUST be able to relieve on
lead, sometimes it isn't easy to train a dog to do it.
>      Sent: Monday, May 13, 2002 8:54 AM
>       Subject: Re: Housebreaking Help Needed
>

>       Ok I don't have a ready answer for you but I will do some research.
>
>       Kathi
>
>         Serena Lanza <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>         Nope!
>
>         M. Serena Lanza
>         Sr. Payroll Coordinator
>         National Leisure Group, Inc.
>         100 Sylvan Road, Suite 600
>         Woburn, MA 01801
>         (617) 587-6459 - voice
>         (617) 587-6329 - fax
>
>         >>> Kathi Tesarz 05/12 1:10 AM >>>
>
>         Serena did you ever get any advice on this issue?
>         Kathi
>         Serena Lanza wrote: Apparently, he poops in the house within
minutes of returning from his walk. I have asked for more specifics from
them and haven't heard back yet. This dog has been outside for the past two
years and pooped whenever his little heart desired, Experience