I too have heard of this, in a case where a dog was adopted from the pound and lived in a city apartment, and had no choice but to go on-lead in most cases.  It wasn't a suppository, though...they used a matchstick.

I have heard of show dog people matchsticking their dogs prior to entering the ring etc as well.

Lisa
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Paul Morton
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2002 11:01 AM
Subject: Re: Housebreaking Help Needed

Very good Lisa,  about the possibility of not being able to poop while on lead.  I have even read of a training meathod going so far as to giving the dog a suppository while out on the walk to make the dog go just so he could be caught in the act of doing the right thing and praised to high heaven.
Judy Morton