> Subject: New Vaccine Protocol Accepted by all 27 Vet Schools
>
> NEW!!! VACCINATION PROTOCOL
> by Dr. Jean Dodd

     I have know about this for some time and have adopted it with my pets
and am very pleased with the results.  From a personal standpoint I have
noticed the following.
     I raised and showed Persians and Himalayans for many years, and we
vaccinated, vaccinated, vaccinated, thinking we were doing the right thing.
Any cat being shown was usually boostered twice annually as well as a queen
before breeding.  My cats usually lived into but not out of their 12th year.
(Persians don't have the longest life expectancy)
      Now, most of my cats are living until 15, almost 16.  That's a 25%
increase in life expectancy.  I also have one 15 year old who was diagnosed
with kidney failure at nine.  The vet said her maximum life expectancy was
two more years.  She's still going strong.
      I'm beginning to think more shots stress the immune system.  I was at
an agility trial three weeks ago where the dogs I train with came down with
kennel cough.  Mine didn't.
       I also work in the pet care industry and I see the flip side all the
time.   And this is among well cared for pets who see their vets annually
and get their annual vaccinations.  Obesity is an epidemic.  Allergies and
hot spots more common than not.   I'm seeing diabetes, pancretitis, Cushings
and cancer on almost a daily basis.  This isn't among just old dogs either.
    After extensive reading, talking to health care professionals and people
in the pet care industry I believe the best chances for having a healthy
long lived pet are less vaccinations (but still doing health checks), and
keeping your pet trim and going with an all natural diet.
Dorothy