This story reminds me of Terhune's Fair Ellen, born blind....Some of the
staff wanted to put down the pup when it became clear that she was
blind, but 'The Mistress' would have nothing of that....Fair Ellen grew
to be an important part of the Terhune legacy, not only as the subject
of the story of her thriving, but also as the mother of many litters of
Sunnybank Collies, non of which had any vision problems. She lived a
very long life, and passed away in her old age, quietly and naturally,
while napping in the sun after a romp with the pack...

Dogs can be so resilient....and inspiring.

Thanks for the update...

Jennifer