In a message dated 8/24/98 12:29:51 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> I am wondering if it could be the Pine Sol that I am disinfecting the patio
>  with?  Think I will use Clorox next time.
Elaine,

I have attended more Health and Safety classes then I care to count over the
years.  Did you know that Pine Sol will not kill most germs?  It is good at
covering the smells but doesn't get rid of the root cause bacteria.  The two
things that have been recommend and I have used is bleach and germicide.  I
use a germicide by Purina for the dogs.  It is called Purina Odor Control.  It
has three different ammonium's (the best if four ammonium's but this one works
fine) and a very pleasant smell.  With both of these cleaners it is very
important to rinse.

Hope this helps.
Kathi