At 06:53 PM 12/20/1999 -0500, you wrote:

>        gee, Dean, thanks... I think my question was a bit more
>philosophical than that but if the book proves to be a good one please let
>me know as I've been giving some thought to this whole breeding thing and
>the Tatra dog and the gorgeous farmcollie in Nebraska not-withstanding I am
>thinking about maybe buying a nice ES bitch...
>
>                jan
>
>On an off thought---------I saw an add in the paper for cross-bred pups.
1/2 Great Pyr, and 1/2 Border Collie.  I even called to find out more.  I
found out that there were 4 pups.  2 mainly white with a tiny bit of black,
and 2 mainly white with a bit of black.  If they had been marked like a
Border, I would have been more tempted.....but I know their temperament
would have been alot more independent than I would have wanted.

However, one of the most beautiful dogs I have ever seen was 1/2 Pyr, and
1/2 Collie.  Marked like a Collie, though perhaps more white, but much
heavier boned, and head more like a Pyr.  Don't know how it was
temperamentally, though.-----------Marna