ISOGEOCHEM Archives

Stable Isotope Geochemistry

ISOGEOCHEM@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Héctor Panarello <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2005 13:10:40 -0300
Dear list members

I have an old VG Micromass 602-D that is used for sulphur isotope
determinations.
Yesterday the filament burnt off.  I check for my spares ones and I found 6
but all are marked with an "H" I know that they are for hydrogen gas. I like
to know what differences exist between the hydrogen and CO2 filament and
what problems can occur if I use the Hydrogen one for CO2.  I put both
together and check I out with  300X and did not see any difference neither
in shape nor in thickness of the wire.

Best regards,

Héctor O. Panarello
Director
INSTITUTO DE GEOCRONOLOGÍA Y GEOLOGÍA ISOTÓPICA (INGEIS)
Pabellón INGEIS - Ciudad Universitaria
1428 Ciudad de Buenos Aires
Tel: +54-11-4784 7798
Fax  +54-11-47833024