ISOGEOCHEM Archives

Stable Isotope Geochemistry

ISOGEOCHEM@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
"Anthony M. Faiia" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2006 15:17:55 EDT
--- You wrote:
Hi All,

It's that time of year again, when I need to replace the oil wicks inside my Pfeiffer turbo pumps.  This usually involves a whole lot of profanity and torn skin as I try to unscrew the locking cover.  Has anyone figured out how to get these covers off without tremendous difficulty?

Much obliged,
Rick
--- end of quote ---

Which kind of cover to you have?

A socket will work on one type.
I use a screwdriver bit and a 1/4" wrench on the type with the slot.
The third type I use an aluminum plate which has been fitted with screws that are the correct distance apart to fit in the holes in the cover.