ISOGEOCHEM Archives

Stable Isotope Geochemistry

ISOGEOCHEM@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Julia Cox <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2006 15:28:51 -0400
On one of these occasions I was desperately trying everything I could
find to unscrew one of these covers that was sealed on tight.  In our
lab's junk drawer I came across a broken Masterlock padlock key.  The
head of the key had been broken halfway off, providing a flat, 2cm-wide
surface of just the right thickness to fit in the turbo cover's slot.
Along with vise grips, this key has kept me from using up my loose
change trying to open these things!

--
Julia Cox
Dept. of Geology