ISOGEOCHEM Archives

Stable Isotope Geochemistry

ISOGEOCHEM@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
John Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 2010 13:02:36 +0000
Hi David

Is the filament you put in the Delta a new one or a refurbished one?
We have had problems with refurbished filaments being out of alignment
so have switched to another source.
The box/trap ratio will change if the filament starts to sag over a
period of time. I can't remember if the filament current on the Delta is
box or trap regulated. If the filament partially misaligns then the box
current certainly increase. Have you tried installing another filament?

Regards

John Hill
Mass Spectrometry Facility
University College London