ISOGEOCHEM Archives

Stable Isotope Geochemistry

ISOGEOCHEM@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
John Eiler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 18 Jun 2020 10:35:34 -0700
There ma be a number of options people can suggest, but the best thing I’ve ever encountered is a ground glass stopcock with a very viscous grease or black wax seal; you have to (carefully!) heat them with a torch to make them move, but the seal is basically perfect for long times. I suppose some compounds might react with the grease or wax, but I would guess CO2 at room temperature would be insert for long times.