ISOGEOCHEM Archives

Stable Isotope Geochemistry

ISOGEOCHEM@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Mudelsee M <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 2021 15:59:06 +0200
Dear colleague,

Climate Risk Analysis invites you to its

35th Online Course in Climate Time Series Analysis.

The major points you find below. More details are on the registration
website. It would be great if this course would be of interest to you or
your students. Thanks for circulating this message, and sorry in case
you receive it several times.

Best wishes

Manfred

Dr. Manfred Mudelsee, CEO

P.s.: Please let me know if I need to remove you from the course
invitation list.

*Course*
35th Online Course in Climate Time Series Analysis, 13 to 23 September
2021 by Manfred Mudelsee

*Deadline for registration*

*Twenty participants*
First come, first serve

*Course book, e-book version*
Mudelsee M (2014) Climate Time Series Analysis: Classical Statistical
and Bootstrap Methods. Second edition. Springer, Cham, Switzerland, 454
pp. https://www.manfredmudelsee.com/book/index.htm

*Registration fee net price, no VAT*
Without e-book: 1100 EUR
With e-book: 1200 EUR

*Registration website*
https://www.climate-risk-analysis.com/courses/time-series/35th-Online-Course-in-Climate-Time-Series-Analysis.html

*Registration form*
https://www.climate-risk-analysis.com/courses/time-series/35th-Course-Registration-Form.pdf

*Summary*

This Online Course in Climate Time Series Analysis is specifically
tailored to the needs of PhD students and postdocs, who wish to learn
about an important combination of disciplines (climate change and time
series analysis), but have had so far not much exposure to in-depth
statistical teaching. It will also attract professional researchers, who
wish to update their knowledge or to learn new statistical techniques.
We assume that participants come from somewhere in the range of
climatology, ecology, econometrics, environmental sciences, geosciences,
hydrology, meteorology, or physics.

This online format has emerged in response partly to the Covid-19
situation (which started in 2020), but also to the general upward trend
in need of electronic high-level quality education.

What distinguishes this from other online courses? First, the course
provides videos that have been designed, recorded and edited with care.
You can go repeatedly through the videos and make breaks as you need.
You also receive and can study again the delivered course slides.
Second, a daily chat meeting via a video platform over the full course
duration allows you to prepare questions beforehand and get extensive
response. Third, the individual feedback period of two months
post-course (via email and, possibly, online meeting) preserves the
interactive mode of joint data analysis, it allows to go in depth
through real applications (perhaps on your own data), and it should keep
the "open session" discursive atmosphere, which has been praised by the
many offline participants I had here in the past.

*Other current courses*

[33rd Course in] Climate Time Series Analysis (ONLINE),
North American hours and timezones
https://www.centerforwildlifestudies.org/courses/climatetimeseriesanalysis-2021-online

[34th Course on] Extreme Events in Climate Time Series (ONLINE, CLOSED)
https://www.uni-potsdam.de/de/isc/kurse/summerschool/tre2021

Dr. Manfred Mudelsee

Chief Executive Officer
Climate Risk Analysis
Kreuzstrasse 27
Heckenbeck
37581 Bad Gandersheim
Germany

Telephone: +49 5563 9998140
Email: [log in to unmask]
URL (company):  https://www.climate-risk-analysis.com
URL (academic): https://www.manfredmudelsee.com

LinkedIn: https://de.linkedin.com/in/mudelsee
Twitter: @MMudelsee

Mudelsee 2020: Statistical Analysis of Climate Extremes, Cambridge
University Press
https://www.manfredmudelsee.com/textbook/

Mudelsee 2014: Climate Time Series Analysis: Classical Statistical and