ISOGEOCHEM Archives

Stable Isotope Geochemistry

ISOGEOCHEM@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
[log in to unmask] (Darren R. Gröcke )
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 1996 10:08:35 +0930
Dear All,
I am a new subscriber to this list (ISOGEOCHEM) and I'm proud to be on it.
Just a quick run-down on me and my research.  I conduct carbon, nitrogen
and oxygen isotope research on collagen, keratin, carbonate
hydroxylapatite, amino acids, cellulose and elemental carbon. At first I
began on fossilised materials, but alas, funding has diminished greatly
here (and everywhere else for that matter) so I have resorted to modern
animals and environmental geochemistry.
Anyway. Regarding my subject heading. I have just conducted some research
on fossil leaves between 135 million years old to 100 million years old.
What are your thoughts on diagenesis of plant material, especially carbon
isotopes? Also, does anyone out there investigate such a topic and would be
willing to discuss there work?

Ciao

Darren

Darren R. Gröcke