ISOGEOCHEM Archives

Stable Isotope Geochemistry

ISOGEOCHEM@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Simon Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
26 Nov 96 13:42:34 EST
Dear All,

I am currently running enriched water samples containing enriched levels of D
and 18O of up to +1000 ppm (relative to SMOW).  I am reliably informed by Steve
Crowley, and others, that it is unwise to assume linearity of the mass spec over
this range making SMOW, SLAP and GISP unreliable standards.  Does any one know
of a reliable method of creating enriched standards or a source where they could
be purchased.  Thanks.

Simon

Dr Simon Davis
Liverpool JMU energetics lab