CATSADVS Archives

August 2009

CATSADVS@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Stolarik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Coalition Against Tobacco Student Activists <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Aug 2009 13:47:29 +0200
 French or your English papers, What is the good of that? Will swearing,
I wonder, mend matters? Cursing and scolding repel the assailants? No,
it is idle; No, whatever befalls, I will hide, will ignore or forget it.
Let the tail shift for itself; I will bury my head. And what's the Roman
Republic to me, or I to the Roman Republic? Why not fight?--In the first
place, I haven't so much as a musket; In the next, if I had, I shouldn't
know how I should use it; In the third, just at present I'm studying
ancient marbles; In the fourth, I consider I owe my life to my country;
In the fifth--I forget, but four good reasons are ample. Meantime, pray
let 'em fight, and be killed. I delight in devotion. So that I 'list
not, hurrah for the glorious army of martyrs! Sanguis martyrum semen
Ecclesiae; though it would seem this Church is indeed of the purely
Invisible, Kingdom-come kind: Militant here on earth! Triumphant, of
course, then, elsewhere! A