DIVNET Archives

March 2015

DIVNET@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Roman Christiaens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roman Christiaens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 2015 09:16:18 -0400
Folks in the New England area, consider presenting at the second annual
Hip Hop Summit sponsored by the UConn Hip Hop Collective. They have
partnered with NEAG, School of Education to put on an amazing event, and
would like you to participate! The theme for the 2015 Summit is “Hip Hop
and Social Activism.”

“The Collective, is a student-run organization at the University of
Connecticut that strives to empower, educate and inspire the community
through exposure of the Hip Hop culture. We focus on showcasing Hip Hop
as an art form and outlet for self-expression. The purpose of our annual
Summit is to promote community engagement, fellowship, cultural
awareness and positive self-expression among the UConn community by
bringing together scholars, artists, activists, and students to engage
one another creatively, collectively, and intellectually.

The Collective is hosting an Education Conference in conjunction with
the NEAG School of Education on Saturday, April 18, 2015. We are looking
for professors, students, teachers, community leaders – essentially,
anyone who interested in presenting at the conference! “

Please click the link below to submit a proposal, and also please share
with friends and colleagues!

https://docs.google.com/a/uconn.edu/forms/d/1Q2JihBY4qsYSwib4TI4017S-fnMl2Kvrz8PeO-D1D-U/viewform