FIELDWALKS Archives

March 2009

FIELDWALKS@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
David Jaffe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Friday Field Walks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 2009 11:15:14 -0400
Do you know where your waste really goes? This week we will explore our part
in the waste stream. First, we'll visit the local recycling center to
explore how a mixed bag of metal, paper, and plastic gets sorted into
separate bags of metal, paper, and plastic and then hear where it goes after
that! Continuing the theme of recycling wastes, we will explore the issue of
stormwater and waste water at the Burlington Water Treatment plant. Here we
will discuss how our waste impacts our local waters. Meet at the FN room at
9AM sharp!