FIELDWALKS Archives

March 2009

FIELDWALKS@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
David Jaffe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Friday Field Walks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 2009 14:24:01 -0400
Howdy Team,

Below is a blip from Ian Worley about this Friday walk.

We will walk and talk to the top of Philo, where we will savor being in the
atmosphere.  Thence we'll play some weather games to get some muscle memory
of how mid-latitude airmasses, fronts (no backs, sorry), and storms arise,
do their thing, and dissipate.   And thence from our lofty view we'll wonder
and ponder about the nuances of weather created by the landscape around us:
the Adirondacks -- the St. Lawrence Valley -- the Champlain Valley -- and
the Green Mountains.  And then a word or two about the weather beneath the
surface of the soil and under the bark of trees.  But of course, if folks
bring their own questions we shall pursue those zephyrs whence they take us.

We will meet him at the parking lot at 1:30pm. If you are planning on
leaving from UVM campus, meet at the FN room at 12:50 so we can be at the
van and driving by 1pm.

See you there!!

David