ISOGEOCHEM Archives

Stable Isotope Geochemistry

ISOGEOCHEM@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
jjgibson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 10:22:07 -0800
Dear colleagues,
This is a reminder that the deadline is approaching for submitting abstracts
to the special session  "H03: Isotope Tracing of Water and Carbon Cycling
Processes in Large River Basins" to be held during the Spring AGU-CGU Joint
Meeting in Montreal, Canada during 17-21 May 2004.  We have made considerable
progress in organizing the meeting since our last message. We are pleased to
announce that our invited speakers include:

Anne-Marie Aucour, Universite Claude-Bernard Lyon
Ann Henderson-Sellers, ANSTO Australia
Carol Kendall, USGS
Jan Veizer, University of Ottawa

At the moment our session also leads the Joint Assembly Hydrology Sessions in
submitted abstracts, so we expect a lively session. Note that in addition to
the formal presentations we plan to organize a round table forum to discuss
global collaboration on this issue.
Important deadlines are:
 12 February 2004: Deadline for abstract submissions by postal or express
mail.
 19 February 2004, 1400 UT: Deadline for electronic online abstract
submissions. No late submissions will be accepted.
More information can be found at the AGU website: www.agu.org
and a detailed session description can be found at:
http://submissions6.agu.org/sm04/search/search_detail.asp?sessid=107

Specific enquiries can be directed to:

Dr. John Gibson
National Water Research Institute at W-CIRC
University of Victoria
PO Box 1700 STN CSC
Victoria, BC V8W 2Y2 CANADA
Tel: +1 (250) 472-5137
Fax: +1 (250) 472-5167
Email: [log in to unmask]

We look forward to seeing you in Montreal. Cheers, John

John Gibson, Ph.D.
Research Scientist, Isotope Hydrologist
National Water Research Institute
W-CIRC, University of Victoria
PO Box 1700 STN CSC
Victoria, BC V8W 2Y2 CANADA
Tel: +1 (250) 472-5137
Fax: +1 (250) 472-5167
Email: [log in to unmask]
Courier: W-CIRC/NWRI, 3800 Finnerty Rd.,
DPI bldg. (2300 Mackenzie Ave)
Univerisity of Victoria, Victoria, BC V8P 5C2 CANADA