ISOGEOCHEM Archives

Stable Isotope Geochemistry

ISOGEOCHEM@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
C Bickers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 16:59:54 -0000
Dear All,

I am currently working on a ThermoFinnigan Delta XP coupled via a GCIII
interface to a Trace GC , with ISODAT 2.0.  After tuning cup 3, with
reference gas CO2, I can achieve a signal intensity of ~7700 mV for m/z 45.
After the injection of a standard, or even after carrying out a diagnostic
test, the intensity drops by an order of magnitude.  After tuning cup 3
once more, it easily returns to ~7700 mV signal, but again drops to ~700 mV
when the system is operated.

Has anyone experienced any problems like this and can offer any help?

Thanks,
Claire

----------------------

Claire Bickers