ISOGEOCHEM Archives

Stable Isotope Geochemistry

ISOGEOCHEM@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
dave mattey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 09:50:22 +0000
Tighearnach

Obtaining reliable 18O data by laser ablation in biogenic phosphate,
particularly types rich in organic carbon or in substituted OH or carbonate
is not so easy but some problems can be alleviated by pre-treatments. Some
more suggested reading below

Regards

Dave Mattey

Lindars, E.S., Grimes, S.T., Mattey, D.P., Collinson, M.E., Hooker, J.J. and
Jones, T.P. (2001) Phosphate d18O determination of modern rodent teeth by
direct laser fluorination: an appraisal of methodology and potential
application to palaeoclimate reconstruction. Geochimica Cosmochimica Acta.,
65, 2535-2548

S.T. Grimes, D. P. Mattey, J.J. Hooker, and M. E. Collinson. (2003). Eocene
- Oligocene palaeoclimate reconstruction using oxygen isotopes: problems and
solutions from the use of multiple palaeoproxies. Geochimica et Cosmochimica
Acta 67, p. 4033-4047

S.T. Grimes, D. P. Mattey, J.J. Hooker, and M. E. Collinson. (2003) Testing
the concordance of oxygen isotope palaeotemperatures obtained from mammal
tooth phosphate and freshwater carbonate and phosphate palaeoproxies: an
Eocene example from the Hampshire Basin, UK. Quaternary Science Reviews
(special publication) (In Press) (out v. soon!)