ISOGEOCHEM Archives

Stable Isotope Geochemistry

ISOGEOCHEM@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Mark H Thiemens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 06:59:22 -0800
In Luz, Barkan, Bender, Thiemens, Boering (1999) the oxygen isotopic
composition of both delta 17 and 18 in air O2 is reproted as well as the
fractionation during photosynthesis.(Nature 400, p 547). the emasurements
are made in several laboratories to carefully determine the precise
isotopic composition as well as the relative delta 17/delta 18
fractionation ratio.

Mark H. Thiemens, Dean
Division of Physical Sciences
Professor of Chemistry
Chancellors Associates Chair
Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry
University of California San Diego
La Jolla, California     92093-0352

Dean's Office           858 534 6882/Vo         858 534 5224/Fx
Research Group Office   858 534 6732/Vo         858 822 0389/Fx
Cell Telephone          858 344 3084