ISOGEOCHEM Archives

Stable Isotope Geochemistry

ISOGEOCHEM@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Gerard Olack <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 11:59:54 -0500
HI All--

I "lost" the electron energy setting after installing the latest
microsoft patch and rebooting.  This is for Isodat 2.0 running on
Windows XP and controlling a 253.  I just finished upgrading to 2.0,
focused instrument (combination manual and autofocus), saved different
settings along the way in different focus files, *.fcs, as well as
passing final settings to the gas configuration.  The final working
focus setting had ee at ~70, manually set down there from the default
full scale setting before autofocusing. I closed out of Isodat,
installed the latest security patch and rebooted the system.  When I
restart Isodat, the ee setting dropped to 50, the minimum value.
Calling up the saved focus settings did not change the ee value at all.
If I manually changed the ee setting, say to 90 without saving it or
passing it to the gas configuration, it would stay there after loading
in other focus setting files.    If I resaved the settings and passed
them onto the gas configuration, the system started to behave normally.
Yeah, I should trust the computer and should have written them down.

Has anyone else seen this?

take care

gerry