ISOGEOCHEM Archives

Stable Isotope Geochemistry

ISOGEOCHEM@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Keisuke Koba <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:49:07 +0900
Dear Colleagues:

We wish to encourage you to join and submit a contribution to the session
titled "Isotope applications for hydrobiogeochemical studies in forest ecosystems"
in AGU's Western Pacific Geophysics Meeting in Hawaii (16-20 August 2004).

Sesson Name: Isotope applications for hydrobiogeochemical studies in forest ecosystems

The use of isotope techniques for the hydrologic and biogeochemical studies
in forest ecosystems has increased dramatically since the mid-1990s.
We seek presentations for a special session focusing on isotope applications
for ecosystem studies, especially from the hydrological and biogeochemical
point of view. Specific topics include, but are not limited to, use of dD and d18O
as tracers for source and pathway detection in various scales of hydrologic
processes, use of d13C, d15N, and d34S signatures to reveal the biogeochemical
reactions through the carbon and nitrogen dynamics, and use of other
geochemical isotopes such as Sr, Cs, and Pb for detection of geochemical
or geomorphic activities in the ecosystem. Further, we look for papers for
a topical subtheme that focuses on new isotopic techniques for understanding
biogeochemical processes, such as mass independent fractionation or isotopomer
measurements and their applications to field phenomena. We also encourage
abstracts such as hydrologic and biogeochemical modeling including spatial and
time variations of isotopic characteristics of water and nutrients.

Additional information on the meeting may be obtained here:
http://submissions6.agu.org/wp04/search/search_detail.asp?sessid=56
http://www.agu.org/meetings/wp04/

FYI -- 15 April 2004:  Deadline for abstract submissions by postal or express mail.
22 April 2004, 2359 UT:  Deadline for electronic online abstract submissions.

We look forward seeing you in Hawaii.
Sincerely yours,

Nobu Ohte
Kyoto University

Kei Koba
Tokyo Institute of Technology

Keisuke Koba                    [log in to unmask]
Department of Environmental Science and Technology
Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Science and Engineering
Tokyo Institute of Technology
4259 Nagatsuta, Midori-ku, Yokohama 226-8502, JAPAN
Phone and Fax +81-45-924-5517  Rm: G5 203
http://nylab.chemenv.titech.ac.jp/~koba/