ISOGEOCHEM Archives

Stable Isotope Geochemistry

ISOGEOCHEM@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
John Eiler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 8 Jun 2020 08:35:32 -0700
HI Samuel,
	You might be interested to look at experiments Paul Magyar did with N2O on alumina, which he showed establishes site-specific and ‘clumped’ isotope equilibrium on laboratory time scales at temperatures on the order of 100 C. I suspect the most complete description of this work is in his PhD thesis, which can be found through the Caltech library web site:

https://thesis.library.caltech.edu/10212/ <https://thesis.library.caltech.edu/10212/>

I think these experiments are summarized as well in the following paper:

Measurement of rare isotopologues of nitrous oxide by high‐resolution multi‐collector mass spectrometry <>
PM Magyar, VJ Orphan, JM Eiler
Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry 30 (17), 1923-1940

good luck!

John