ISOGEOCHEM Archives

Stable Isotope Geochemistry

ISOGEOCHEM@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Ramón Redondo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 07:22:17 -0500
Dear collegues,
We are going to analyze d 13C and d 15N in feathers of birds. We have being
searching through the literature a standardized method to treat the samples
prior to the analysis (washing with NaOH, chloroform or detergents,
grounding, etc) but we haven’t found agreement.
I would prefer do not pretreat the sample chemically. Why do you think is
necessary to clean the feathers before the analysis?. Many thanks for the
suggestions.

Ramón Redondo
Laboratorio de Isótopos Estables
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid. Spain.